Do you have a dental emergency in Lincoln, NE?
Call now to see an emergency dentist.
A dental emergency can cause frustration and anxiety among other things. We understand you may be looking for dental discomfort management tips and we’re there to help. South Lincoln Family Dentistry wants to make things easy for you.
Oh no! Did you crack a tooth or are you experiencing discomfort in your mouth or jaw? There are some simple things you can do when you encounter a tooth issue. With the right course of action when the dreaded tooth problem occurs, you can find some temporary relief and prevent additional damage. How do you know if your discomfort means you need to see an “emergency dentist near me in Lincoln, NE?” I will outline the most common situations where you need to seek emergency dental care.
- In the case you have bitten into something and your tooth breaks, it is important to keep your broken part(s), rinse with warm water, and with a cold compress, hold it to the outside area of your cheek. This will help with swelling and discomfort while you wait for your emergency appointment. A cold compress will also aid in discomfort in the case of a broken jaw.
- If your tooth has been completely knocked out, and after rinsing it you cannot hold it in place, let it soak in a glass of milk. If your gums are swollen and you are experiencing discomfort and notice a small bump, which not remedied by rinsing with salt water, you may have a dental abscess. In all these instances, call our dentists in Lincoln, NE immediately, for emergency dental care.
- There are times where you might have leftover food stuck in your teeth or a sudden toothache. First rinse with warm water and if you cannot gently remove the substance with dental floss, then contact an emergency dentist in Lincoln, NE.
- When you lose a crown, first try dental cement and afterwards contact an “emergency dentist near me in Lincoln, NE“.
You may be wondering why you are experiencing this type of discomfort or issue. As we age, the filling inside our teeth changes its size due to changes in temperature while eating and drinking. When this happens, the combination of exterior pressure and a wrong bite might just crack a tooth. Sometimes the inside of our teeth becomes thin and weak. Another reason people experience more broken teeth is if you are a teeth grinder. This habit is called bruxism and teeth fractures are then more common. Learn more from a dentist near me about daytime bruxism.
When any of the dental emergencies happen, we make every attempt to save your tooth! In the unfortunate event that a tooth has broken in several places and cannot be saved, our dentist in Lincoln, NE can offer a tooth replacement option with an implant or a dental bridge.
Have tooth pain that you know isn’t related to a broken tooth?
Perhaps you have tooth pain from seasonal allergies.
Answers to commonly asked questions about dental emergencies:
Can I go to the ER for a severe toothache?
While you can go to the emergency room for a toothache, do know that the emergency room physicians won’t be able to do much beyond prescriptions. Tooth extraction as well as other dental services fall outside an ER physician’s scope of practice. Your best bet is to find an “emergency dentist near me” and schedule an appointment.
What is considered a dental emergency?
Some of the most common dental emergencies include a lost filling or crown, a dental abscess, chipped or broken teeth, knocked-out tooth, bleeding after an extraction, and a toothache just to name a few.
What can the ER do for tooth pain?
When it comes to tooth pain, the emergency room can’t do much other than prescribing painkillers or antibiotics. Anything beyond that generally falls outside of an emergency room physician’s scope of practice. If you are having unbearable tooth pain, and have already been to the ER, call your emergency dentist in Lincoln, NE as soon as possible. Learn more from an emergency dentist near me about dental pain management.
Do not hesitate to contact me or your nearest Lincoln Family Dentist’s office if you find yourself in a dental emergency-even if you have a dental emergency on Saturday. We offer many services and would love to help in any way that we can.
If you have a dental emergency on Saturday please call
Wishing you health and happiness!
Looking for Dental Payment Plans
or Apply Online
(Click logo above to be directed to website)
- Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
- South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
- Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry – Northeast Lincoln
- Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
- Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
- NorthStar Dental – North Lincoln
- SouthPointe Dental – Southwest Lincoln
- Emergency Dentist NE – Emergency Dental Care
- Lincoln Dental Plans – Affordable Dental Options
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose a “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.